A big lego braiding machine, powered by a single motor, which makes ropes and wristbands by rotating 9 reels together to get a final fabric. Battery box and PDF instructions included. Dimensions : 75cm (L) x 16cm (W) x 32cm (H).
A Lego braiding machine, powered by a single motor, which makes ropes and wristband from 9 reels. Composed of :
- A frame, mainly in yellow color which handles the mechanisms and features
- A big drum in gray color with the big circle which can rotate (driven by a turntable)
- 3 planetary devices which support 3 reels each and can also rotate (driven by a linked-chain)
- 3 reels on each planetary (therefore 9 reels) which can also rotate (driven also by 3 linked- chains)
- 3 die for weaving 3 strings in one (will be called the planetary dies)
- A principal die which weave the whole 3 weaves from planetaries in only one final weave
- A mechanism for pulling the whole weave
- A final drum system with alternate moving winding system to store the fabric
You can read more about it, including pictures, informations, how to set up guide and sample of the PDF building instructions on my blog.
The train regulator as shown in the instructions is replaced by a standard battery box, to be connected to the XL motors. You can also operate the model by hand by replacing the motor by a crank (also supplied).
The thread reels are not sold with this package, you need to get them : You can use "DMC thread" standard product or any other thread product (embroidery, wool etc.) Try different raw material for different results.
See it in action :